THE HAIR WHIP!

Your occasional source for heavy metal, progressive rock and hard rock coverage. Whenever I feel like it.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mike Portnoy Leaves Dream Theater

Mike Portnoy
I wish I wasn't posting this.

Mike Portnoy has decided to leave Dream Theater.

The drummer and founder of Dream Theater and de facto leader of the band for the past 25 years announce his intention on a blog post on his official site.

Here's an excerpt from the post:

"I must say that at this particular moment, my heart is not with Dream Theater...and I would simply be "going through the motions", and would honestly NOT be true to myself if I stayed for the sake of obligation without taking the break I felt I needed.

I wish the guys the best and hope the music and legacy we created together is enjoyed by fans for decades to come...I am proud of every album we made, every song we wrote and every show we played...."

I'm sorry to all the disappointed DT fans around the world...I really tried to salvage the situation and make it work...I honestly just wanted a break (not a split)...but happiness cannot be forced, it needs to come from within...."

You can read the whole post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment