THE HAIR WHIP!

Your occasional source for heavy metal, progressive rock and hard rock coverage. Whenever I feel like it.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Paul Gray (#2) (1972-2010)


Paul Gray, the bassist for Slipknot, was found dead in his Iowa hotel room yesterday. He was 38.

38. Jesus Christ.

The bassist, who wore No. 2 in the band's 9-member numbering system was one of the three founding
members of the Iowa-based metal band. He was nicknamed "The Pig" because he used to wear pig masks onstage, which he said reflected his self-indulgent personality.

Paul Gray played on all five Slipknot records, including the most recent "All Hope Is Gone." His heavy, de-tuned bass was a key component of the Iowa-based nonet's powerful, driving sound.

I'm sorry I don't have more to write about this. I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but it's a tragedy that a young, talented musician with a long career ahead of him, is now just another news story. I hope that anyone reading this gets inspired to make the most of what time there is.

Life is too goddamned short.

I am getting really sick of writing obituaries. Can't people stop dying so I can go back to listening to Obituary?

No comments:

Post a Comment